Saturday, August 2, 2008

Joining the Gang!

Whats up?!? I guess I decided to join your guys blogging gang so I have a way to keep in touch with everyone while I'm away at college. Uhh. I decided to go to Dixie State in St George. I'm very excited. I leave in twenty days and am no where near being ready to leave as far as packing. I'll be majoring in Mass Communications in hopes of landing a job in photojournalism. I really want to one day get a job with Sports Illustrated of National Geographics but thats far in the future. I am extremely eager to finally get down there and meet my roommates I've been communicating with via email and facebook. They seem way cool and I think we will all get along great! At the moment I'm trying to convince my mom to let me get a motor scooter like a vespa... all is welcome to help convince her! haha. I think it would be a great CHEAP and easy way to get around a small college town between classes and work.. And I'm doing everything I can to make these last couple days in Ogden with my friends awesome!

3 comments:

Emily and David said...

hey auntie sammy! glad to see you blogging. and by the way i think you will be just fine with out a car or vespa scooter, and you definitely will not be the only one with out. i think you should wait at least a semester to see if you really need one and you'll be able to save money not making a car payment, insurance payment, and gas! glad to hear you are having a fun summer with you pallies!

Nicole Nixon said...

Hey Sam, welcome to the bandwagon! Glad you're excited about school and chatting with your roomies already. I agree with Emily on the car/vespa thing. Get down there, save up some money and see how things go. When I lived in the dorms, I had a car, and I really never even drove it.

Kathy Clark said...

Sorry Sam, can't support your need for having a car 1st year in college. Our kids didn't get a car until the 2nd year, too much adjusting going on the 1st year. Also, after seeing a motorcylce accident yesterday and the dead body covered with a white sheet in the street I can't even support my own family owning one. But who am I? They do what they want anyway...Aunt Kathy