Friday, August 29, 2008

Dixie State!

Wow! College. It's so much fun! I have the coolest classes with the funniest teachers. The first week of classes at Dixie is called WOW week. Each night they have a different activity planned to help the students get to know each other. Shannon and I took advantage of this and made some pretty cool friends from all over the place. On the first night Shannon and I got stopped walking to one of the wow week activities and was invited to play volleyball on the beach volleyball court on campus so we did that instead of watching Farris. Through playing volleyball we met Jason, Nick, Cody, Andy, Drew, Noah, Niko, Tara, Jen #1, Jen #2.. And since then Shannon and myself have been hanging out with them regularly. As well as our old friend Tristan from Ogden. These pictures are from the Karaoke corner from the Carnival Night...
And YES mom they are all LDS and are in our stake.

Shannon, Nick, ME
(Nick is from Alaska and is a singer/ guitar player with his own record album)
he's way good.


Here is Nick, Cody, and Jason cheering people on at Karaoke

Jason and Nick doing their amazing deuo of Taylor Swift
Then here are some pictures of my Dorm..
This is the bathroom... pretty basic, and ugly.


this is my desk before i organized everything. That door there is the one that connects us to our suitemates and the bathroom..



This is my lovely dorm room, Well my half of the bedroom. It the exact same on the other side mirror image with my roommate Karens stuff. She's on the wall with the door and I'm on the wall connected to the bathroom and our suitemates.








So that's college life so far.. I'll add more pictures of my other friends later when I take some. :)







3 comments:

The Marsden 6 said...

I didn't know you changed your mind and decided on Dixie, that's awesome! It looks like you are having a GrEaT tIme!!!
College was by far some of the best times of my life, enjoy every minute!
And way to go with the pictures, those were fun to look at.

Nicole Nixon said...

COOL glad you're having fun. I agree with Annie, my first year away at college are some of my fav memories too. Enjoy it!

Emily and David said...

yay for college! glad to hear you are having fun and meeting new friends AND that you like your classes! Have fun with Jason, Nick, COdy, Andy, Drew, Noah, Niko, Tara, Jen #1, and Jen #2. keep the pictures and update coming!

oh yeah, and text or email me your address sometime!